Monday 9 December 2013

Interviewing our Founder - part 2

Part 2 - Interviewing the Founder of ODM Ltd

Following on from our last article, we are now publishing the next snippet of the interview with Simon Dawes.

Previously we shared the initial story of how ODM Ltd began, and what Simon had going on at that time.

Following on from our last article, here are the questions we asked next and the answers we received:

So what next?

"The next two weeks are a blur but, were one of the most exciting periods of my life.
I had learned a lot over the previous four years especially the mistakes that my previous employer had made and I knew what worked well. There were also a number of clients that had lost their key supplier and a lot of sales staff that had lost money and were keen to get working again and they trusted me.
It was all there, the perfect scenario to set my own business up."


What did you know about starting a company?

"Not a lot! I didn’t know the first thing about incorporating and running a company or the responsibility of a Director. For those of you who have not (yet) set up a business, it can be a long and painful process and then of course you need customers to buy you service or goods.

All that aside I knew that this was my opportunity, I had to go for it and I set myself two weeks to get it all done."

What do you think of that? Inspiring? The growth of ODM has been nothing less than fantastic.
Next time we will show what helped Simon and how it all came together.

If you have not already please Follow us on LinkedIn, Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

For more information regarding ODM Ltd, please see www.odmltd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment